lundi 9 février 2009

A Day in the Life



I'm in such a zombie, chilled out state, that I can't find words anymore (Jean Michel will be happy). So here's some pictures. The hotel is in the middle of an ORCHID farm-- literally millions of them, plus hibiscus like this one here...





Eating mangoes on the beach and watching the sunset-yes, we're in paradise!



The heat, as we're eating lunch, makes me feel like I will faint. Luckily, the kind Thai have already thought of this problem and, on their menu, you can find "Chilled wet towel"---which I immediately order without even looking at the price. It even had essential oils added to it! Hmmmmmmm




To beat the heat, we decided to get a massage. Here we are, in all our glory. They give you purple! Thai fisherman pants to wear- a bit like hospital pants, but cuter on your bum. (And yes, I HAVE spent almost three weeks in Thailand and am still white as a sheet-it's that milky English complexion...)



As some post-PhD pampering, I treated myself (or rahter, my parents treated me- thanks guys!) to all those spa treatments you drool about at home but can never afford: for three hours, I got a Thai massage, a body scrub of coconut, then a coconut body mask (felt like coconut yogurt), then body oil, then a facial with more coconut, something with bananas, frozen cucumber mask, and finished off with a hot bubbly foot soak. There wasn't a signel vegetable or fruit left alive. and the whole thing for like 32 euros. Just makes you sick, doesn't it?








And to finish, the view from the restaurant where we had lunch. :)


But, believe it or not, I am actually looking forward to being in my own bed, eating familiar food, puttering around my house on Sunday morning with coffee and a paper. !




















Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire